Thank you for your interest in working at Kavod Senior Life!
Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Career Opportunities at Kavod Senior Life
We are currently seeking a Full Time Leasing Specialist to join our team. This position is an integral part of the leasing department. Through regular interactions with Kavod residents the Leasing Specialist ensures a thorough recertification process, maintains accurate records and meets deadlines. If you have a passion for serving seniors, strong organizational skills and an eye for detail, this may be the job for you.
SUMMARY: The Leasing Specialist performs leasing functions for Kavod Senior Life in accordance with HUD guidelines, all Federal and State laws, and Kavod policies & procedures. Provides support to Chief Financial Officer and President/CEO, as appropriate. The Leasing Specialist reports directly to the Leasing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Carry out aspects of the recertification & interim certification process:
- Preparation of certification notices per HUD regulations and distribution to residents, scheduling appointments
- Schedules and participates in in-person resident meetings to collect required documentation
- Conduct apartment inspections & enter the deficiencies into the work order system
- Make copies of all required documentation & return originals to resident
- Timely compile recertification worksheet for audit/review by the 20th of each month.
- Send notices by the 1st of the month for residents to sign recertification
- Collect signatures and explain any applicable rent changes to resident
- Post tenants payments
- Communicate concerns regarding personal or social tenant problems that arise that are not of a leasing nature.
- Keep current on all updates and changes in HUD and Fair Housing programs and requirements.
- Maintain resident files and various leasing data spreadsheets. Assist with annual audit all tenant files (move-ins & current residents) prior to annual CHFA review in accordance with internal practices.
- Archive tenant files to storage. Assist Leasing Manager with maintaining archived files.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) from an accredited college or university; or one to two years’ experience and/or training in bookkeeping and/or leasing; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in performing HUD-subsidized project leasing-related activities strongly preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one or to groups. Bi-lingual skills preferred (Russian/English).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to count U.S. currency and calculate correct change.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.