Kavod was delighted when Governor Polis approved legislation to allow individuals to visit residents at long term care facilities outdoors this summer. Thanks to a generous donation by Pinkard Construction of two Plexiglas booths, Kavod has been able to safely arrange for friends and families to come on campus starting in August and see their loved ones.
Here is how the visits work:
- Kavod has prepared ONE visitation booth to be used right now on the West side of the West building underneath our gazebo.
- Visits are scheduled in 45-minute sessions during these time frames:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays: 1pm to 7pm
- Sundays: 9am to 5pm
- Residents, friends and/or family members can access this link to choose a time slot here.
Alternatively, Independent Living residents can call Rachel at 720.382.7855 or Assisted Living residents can call Syril at 720.382.7826.
- All potential visitors must read and agree to specific safety protocols prior to their visit (accessed through the link).
- On the day and time of the appointment, visitors are greeted by a Kavod staff member at a designated location to undergo a temperature check, complete a screening form and to verify proper use of face covering.
- After the visit, the staff member escorts the family member away and sanitizes the booth for the next visit.
One of our first visitors, when seeing his Kavod friend through the Plexiglas remarked, “It has been FAR too long!” Another family member was able to come celebrate her mother’s 80th birthday at the booth. It has been wonderful to watch loved ones reconnect while continuing to stay safe.