Kavod on the Road brings educational and life-enrichment programs to active older adults in the greater Denver community. In partnership with area agencies, synagogues and community centers, we provide valuable services in addition to our activities that include an annual conference on aging and monthly event publications.
Typical Kavod on the Road programs include:
- Educational programs on a variety of engaging topics
- Monthly Breakfast Club and Friday Singles Lunch Bunch social gatherings
- Trips to museums, sporting events and historical sites
- Entertainment such as theater, film and concert visits
- Informational workshops, political discussions and more!
All programs are announced in a Kavod on the Road/from Oy to Joy publication by email.
If you have any questions about Kavod on the Road please send us an email.
The following community partners generously support Kavod on the Road:
Kavod in the City
Kavod in the City provides educational and life-enriching programming to low-income senior residents of three Denver Housing Authority (DHA) buildings: Barney Ford Heights, North Lincoln Midrise and Walsh Manor Apartments. Successful programming increases community engagement and mental stimulation and reduces social isolation, anxiety and depression among DHA residents.