Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through our commitment to hiring well-qualified candidates and maintaining a safe working environment Kavod conducts preemployment screening on all prospective employees.
Kavod team members provide quality care, services and support to our residents and the broader community. In turn, it is Kavod’s philosophy to provide a rich compensation and benefits package with flexibility, affordability and ease of use in mind.
Kavod Senior Life was recognized with a 2019 Top Workplaces Award by The Denver Post. This annual contest measures employee satisfaction and results in a list of 100 of the state’s top workplaces for the calendar year. Read more.
- 100% employer paid medical premium
- Shared dental and vision premium
- Up to 240 hours of vacation plus separate accrued hours for sick leave, personal time and floating holidays to support team diversity
- 403(b) match plus nonelective deferral
- Paid volunteer hours
- Free weekly yoga class on-site
- Free on-site meal per shift worked
- Interest-free employee loans
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Staff parties, contests and opportunities to engage with our residents in creative ways, including the occasional Wii Bowling Tournament!
Career Opportunities at Kavod Senior Life
In addition to those listed below–Night Manager and Data & Evaluation Specialist–Kavod is always seeking qualified, passionate team members for Dining Services positions, including cooks and servers. Please email Human Resources for current openings.
NIGHT MANAGER: We are currently seeking an attentive, responsible, service-minded couple to join our operations team.
The Night Manager role is a unique part-time opportunity that requires living on-site. Compensation includes a base hourly rate, rent, parking, utilities, basic cable and free internet access.
Summary: The Night Managers live on-site and are on-call to oversee the entire Kavod Senior Life complex, providing emergency coverage for the residents and the monitoring of the buildings during nights, weekends and holidays when the offices are closed. They represent the agency to the community in their duties and are our ambassadors of good will.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
On‑duty per the assigned part-time schedule between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 p.m. Friday to 7:30 a.m. Monday, as well as other holiday days when the offices are closed. During this time, the Night Manager oversees the complex. The duty is alternated with the other night managers, a one week on and one week off schedule.
Monitor telephone calls, manage resident emergencies and respond to building alarms timely and in a fashion that is appropriate for the issue at hand. Requires independent judgement, attention to detail and regular, clear and concise documentation of incidents.
Check the building and grounds at least two times each weekday evening and four times each day/evening of the weekend. Take action as needed – pick up trash, clean up spills and tidy common areas. Document concerns or problems.
Occasional snow removal from main entrances/exits, public walkways and sidewalks for each building.
Change out garbage dumpsters in all three buildings on Sundays and Holidays by 9:00 a.m.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training (apartment management, emergency response, work with seniors); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to make independent decisions, exercise good judgment and communicate effectively, both verbally and written. Also essential are the ability to use discretion, observe confidentiality, problem solve and represent the agency positively in all dealings. Must be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment.
To apply submit a letter of interest and resume by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209.
DATA & EVALUATION SPECIALIST, PART TIME (30-hours/week)
This position will support internal departments in the collection and analysis of quality data, both quantitative and qualitative, disseminate findings to a variety of stakeholder groups, and assess and report on data identifying linkages to needed services and programming. This position will help Kavod to build and sustain organizational evaluation capacity, and assist with streamlining and prioritizing data collection efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities: include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Partner with organizational leadership to enhance program planning process using data analysis in alignment with strategic organizational goals.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with all levels of the organization.
- Support annual survey process, and other assigned projects, through gathering, entering, analyzing and reporting data finding.
- Create visually appealing reports and dashboards that intuitively present information for reporting to a variety of audiences.
- Provide training to staff to maintain awareness of data analytics and internal practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues in data collection and analysis, and make recommendation for solution.
- Monitor internal dashboards for improvements as needed.
- Organize and clean various types of data as appropriate.
- Coordinate with consultants as needed, and participate in continuing educational opportunities to refine and address technical issues, and to maintain best practices.
- Stay up to date with evolving technologies and relevant applications.
- Develop and maintain a current procedural manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, education and experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred in psychology, statistics, evaluation, sociology, social work, policy and administration, or related field.
- A minimum of two years working directly in research, evaluation and data with demonstrated experience working with logic models and outcome evaluation plans.
- Two to three years of experience working in the social sector.
- Strong communication skills are a must, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), spreadsheet development and database management.
- Experience working with older adults is a plus.
To apply: Email cover letter, CV/resume, writing sample, and 3 professional references.
Please use the subject line of “Part-time Data and Evaluation Specialist”.
Include a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to present data to different types of audiences. Please send an example in which you are first author.
If you are interested in working at Kavod, but there is not a current opening that fits your qualifications you are welcome submit a letter of interest and resume by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209.