Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through our commitment to hiring well-qualified candidates and maintaining a safe working environment, Kavod conducts pre-employment screening on all prospective employees.
Kavod team members provide quality care, services and support to our residents and the broader community. In turn, it is Kavod’s philosophy to provide a rich compensation and benefits package with flexibility, affordability and ease of use in mind.
Because Kavod is part of a highly-regulated industry, all employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus or qualify for a medical/religious exemption.
Kavod Senior Life was recognized with a 2019 Top Workplaces Award by The Denver Post. This annual contest measures employee satisfaction and results in a list of 100 of the state’s top workplaces for the calendar year. Read more.
- 100% employer paid medical premium
- Shared dental and vision premium
- Up to 240 hours of vacation plus separate accrued hours for sick leave, personal time and floating holidays to support team diversity
- 403(b) match plus nonelective deferral
- Paid volunteer hours
- Free weekly yoga class on-site
- Free on-site meal per shift worked
- Interest-free employee loans
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Staff parties, contests and opportunities to engage with our residents in creative ways, including the occasional Wii Bowling Tournament!
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT KAVOD SENIOR LIFE
Part Time Volunteer Coordinator (20 hours per week)
Assists the Director of Life Enrichment in enriching the lives of the residents of Kavod Senior Life through a variety of volunteer positions, events and programs.
Implement, manage and expand the volunteer program through recruitment, recognition and retention efforts.
Serve as the liaison to collaborate with local community partners and organizations (Jewish/Russian/Senior/Schools, etc.) to build relationships and develop and coordinate Judaic and intergenerational volunteer support and programming.
Maintain active membership with Directors of Volunteers in Agencies (DOVIA) for networking and educational opportunities.
Plan volunteer related events including the annual Volunteer Appreciation Party and annual Volunteer Conference, along with other events as necessary
Oversee the gift shop kiosk volunteers, sales and inventory
- Experience in coordinating activities/programs and working with seniors and diverse groups.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to desktop publishing, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Enjoy working with seniors and community volunteers of all ages.
- The ability to pay close attention to detail.
Compensation & Benefits: 18.00/hr to start DOE
Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick, Personal, 403(b) Thrift Plan, Credit Union, Bereavement Leave, Referral Bonus, Volunteer Initiative Program, Commuter Benefits, Employee Free Loan Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Meals, Employee Discounts and Complimentary Yoga Classes.
Receptionist/Office Assistant | Full Time
SUMMARY: The Receptionist/Office Assistant serves as an ambassador to the Kavod Senior Life. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of Kavod Senior Life. The Receptionist/Office Assistant reports to the Leasing Manager and gives appropriate assistance to the residents, general public and staff through both telephone and personal contact.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Open/close the front desk. Provides breaks to the other receptionist throughout the day. Handles main phone line and puts calls through to appropriate staff. Answers the front door monitor and directs visitors as needed. Greets all visitors in a friendly, courteous and professional manner. Checks voice mail as needed and follows up in a timely fashion.
- Takes calls from residents regarding maintenance requests, activity schedules, etc. Helps residents with problems/concerns by referring to appropriate staff. Writes memos pertaining to date, time and requests made by residents when inquiries are excessive or there are questions about functional abilities.
- Enters all work order requests into the work order database immediately upon request from residents and/or staff.
- Receives payments and signs up residents for monthly activities. Also receives monies from staff & residents for copies, activities, van tickets, meal tickets, donations, postage and keys. Gives receipts for all cash received and keeps cash in a separate moneybag from the cash drawer. Balances moneybag, quarter bag, and cash drawer at the end of the shift. All donations are immediately given to the Executive Assistant.
- Assists Life Enrichment by taking activities requests and entering them in the electronic file, taking residents’ monies for the activity trips they want to attend and giving them their receipts along with their approved activities sign-up sheet.
- Maintain, update and print daily reports from Care System, compares information against hospital/away list, and if needed, contacts a Care Coordinator to do a resident check.
- Responds to emergency calls by notifying staff, monitoring who goes on calls, calling additional staff as needed.
- Contacts Director of Facilities regarding all reported elevator breakdowns.
- Notifies Director of Facilities of resident and staff requests for pest issue/extermination.
- Assists residents who are locked out of their apartments by giving an extra key and sees that it is returned immediately. Coordinates with the Director of Facilities to order new keys when needed. Maintains key log for keys given out to vendors and/or residents and keeps systems to ensure the keys are returned.
- Assists with record keeping procedures as needed, including maintaining a supply of applicable forms as necessary such as prospective resident folders for both senior living and assisted living.
- Advises Leasing Manager at all times of any information pertinent to reception duties and smooth operation of the agency.
- Updates the main resident list. Enters work orders for the new residents’ phone numbers to be programmed into communication system.
- Office mail deliveries to the residents as needed.
Perform administrative tasks to support leasing and administrative functions. This includes organizing files, making copies, filing, performing data entry, making phone calls, documenting phone conversations and other administrative assignments, as needed.
Special projects as assigned by the Leasing Manager and or Chief Financial Officer.
Schedule: Requires flexibility to cover front desk duties during illnesses and/or vacations. Primary schedule is 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday-Friday.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one or to groups. Bi-lingual skills helpful (Russian and/or Spanish).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook contact management systems, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: $14.90/hr – $17.50/hr DOE
AP/AR & General Ledger Accountant
We are currently seeking a AP/AR & General Ledger Accountant to join our team! This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule (mix of in-office and remote work) once training is completed.
SUMMARY: Responsible for general ledger and software maintenance. The administration of accounts payable and cash receipts functions of the accounting department. Provides support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Completes bank reconciliations on bank accounts.
- Records interest and bank charges into the accounting software.
- Verifies reconciled balance with the general ledger.
- Serves as on-site Yardi expert.
- With input from the CFO, accounting lead and consultants develops and maintains best practices for Yardi daily operations.
- Trains new and existing staff on Yardi functions and report writing.
General Accounting Duties:
- Maintain fixed asset ledger. Add new fixed assets to schedule, delete assets and calculate depreciation expense.
- Regular maintain detailed reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciles petty cash in the safe on a quarterly basis and reimburses as needed.
- Processes monthly credit card receipts and reconciles with the statement.
- Records deposits and checks in accounting software, monitors balances, and reconciles accounts on a monthly basis. Reconcile bank accounts for several different entities
- Post journal entries in Yardi, the company general ledger accounting software package
- Performs the daily processing of accounts payable invoices. Verifies invoice totals, accounts, project coding and purchase order information for accuracy. Enters invoices into the accounting software. Prints accounts payable checks weekly, obtains the necessary signatures, and mails checks.
- Prepares and submits a check run summary file to Wells Fargo for fraud monitoring. Verifies bank balances, initiates bank transfers to cover check run and posts transfers in accounting system.
- Resolves payables discrepancies and handles vendor inquiries. Completes credit applications.
Annual Audit Process:
Provide support to CFO as needed with year-end audits. Assist auditors with journal entry examinations, balance sheet review and fixed asset analysis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting preferred from four-year College or university; or two to five years accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Yardi expertise is strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: $25/hr – $28/hr DOE
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Retirement, Employee Assistance Program, Paid time off, Tuition reimbursement, Employee discounts
Dining Room Server | Part-Time
SCHEDULE (24 hours/week):
Monday-Friday 3:30 pm – 7:30 pm &
Sundays 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
Food service: 1 year (Preferred)
We are currently seeking 2 customer-focused Part-Time Servers to provide Kavod residents with a pleasant dining experience. Candidates must be comfortable working with older adults in a multi-cultural setting. Reliability is a must.
Summary: Assist with accurate food delivery to residents in a timely manner, assist with special events (such as birthdays or holidays), handle food and beverages in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards, ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory procedures regarding food service. Training is provided!
Kavod provides a free meal for every shift worked. Certain additional benefits may apply.
Only serious candidates need apply. By submitting your resume or application you are confirming that you understand the job requirements, schedule and available compensation.
To apply: Email a letter of interest and resume. Please use the subject line of “Part-time Server”.
ON HOLD: PART TIME DATA & EVALUATION SPECIALIST ( 30 hours/week)
This position will support internal departments in the collection and analysis of quality data, both quantitative and qualitative, disseminate findings to a variety of stakeholder groups, and assess and report on data identifying linkages to needed services and programming. This position will help Kavod to build and sustain organizational evaluation capacity, and assist with streamlining and prioritizing data collection efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities: include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Partner with organizational leadership to enhance program planning process using data analysis in alignment with strategic organizational goals.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with all levels of the organization.
- Support annual survey process, and other assigned projects, through gathering, entering, analyzing and reporting data finding.
- Create visually appealing reports and dashboards that intuitively present information for reporting to a variety of audiences.
- Provide training to staff to maintain awareness of data analytics and internal practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues in data collection and analysis, and make recommendation for solution.
- Monitor internal dashboards for improvements as needed.
- Organize and clean various types of data as appropriate.
- Coordinate with consultants as needed, and participate in continuing educational opportunities to refine and address technical issues, and to maintain best practices.
- Stay up to date with evolving technologies and relevant applications.
- Develop and maintain a current procedural manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, education and experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred in psychology, statistics, evaluation, sociology, social work, policy and administration, or related field.
- A minimum of two years working directly in research, evaluation and data with demonstrated experience working with logic models and outcome evaluation plans.
- Two to three years of experience working in the social sector.
- Strong communication skills are a must, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), spreadsheet development and database management.
- Experience working with older adults is a plus.
To apply: Email cover letter, CV/resume, writing sample, and 3 professional references.
Please use the subject line of “Part-time Data and Evaluation Specialist”.
Include a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to present data to different types of audiences. Please send an example in which you are first author.
Kavod is always seeking qualified, passionate team members for Dining Services positions, including cooks and servers. Please email Human Resources for current openings.
If you are interested in working at Kavod, but there is not a current opening that fits your qualifications you are welcome submit a letter of interest and resume by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209.