Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through our commitment to hiring well-qualified candidates and maintaining a safe working environment Kavod conducts preemployment screening on all prospective employees.
Kavod team members provide quality care, services and support to our residents and the broader community. In turn, it is Kavod’s philosophy to provide a rich compensation and benefits package with flexibility, affordability and ease of use in mind.
Kavod Senior Life was recognized with a 2019 Top Workplaces Award by The Denver Post. This annual contest measures employee satisfaction and results in a list of 100 of the state’s top workplaces for the calendar year. Read more.
- 100% employer paid medical premium
- Shared dental and vision premium
- Up to 240 hours of vacation plus separate accrued hours for sick leave, personal time and floating holidays to support team diversity
- 403(b) match plus nonelective deferral
- Paid volunteer hours
- Free weekly yoga class on-site
- Free on-site meal per shift worked
- Interest-free employee loans
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Staff parties, contests and opportunities to engage with our residents in creative ways, including the occasional Wii Bowling Tournament!
Career Opportunities at Kavod Senior Life
In addition to those listed below, Kavod is always seeking qualified, passionate team members for Dining Services positions, including cooks and servers. Please email Human Resources for current openings.
PAYROLL/GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT (FULL TIME – 35 HOURS PER WEEK)
SUMMARY: Responsible for payroll, general ledger and software maintenance. The administration of accounts payable and cash receipts functions of the accounting department. Provides support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Lead Accountant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Bi-weekly payroll processing in accordance with applicable state and federal guidelines
- Record monthly journal entries for payroll and rent calculations
- Completes bank reconciliations on bank accounts.
- Records interest and bank charges into the accounting software.
- Verifies reconciled balance with the general ledger.
Software Conversion and Maintenance:
- Serves as on-site Yardi expert.
- With input from the CFO, accounting lead and consultants develops and maintains best practices for Yardi daily operations.
- Trains new and existing staff on Yardi functions and report writing.
General Accounting Duties:
- Maintain fixed asset ledger. Add new fixed assets to schedule, delete assets and calculate depreciation expense.
- Regular maintain detailed reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciles petty cash in the safe on a quarterly basis and reimburses as needed.
- Processes monthly credit card receipts and reconciles with the statement.
- Records deposits and checks in accounting software, monitors balances, and reconciles accounts on a monthly basis.Reconcile bank accounts for several different entities
- Post journal entries in Great Plains and QB, the company general ledger accounting software package
- Performs the daily processing of accounts payable invoices. Verifies invoice totals, accounts, project coding and purchase order information for accuracy. Enters invoices into the accounting software. Prints accounts payable checks weekly,obtains the necessary signatures, and mails checks.
- Prepares and submits a check run summary file to Wells Fargo for fraud monitoring. Verifies bank balances, initiates bank transfers to cover check run and posts transfers in accounting system.
- Resolves payables discrepancies and handles vendor inquiries. Completes credit applications.
Annual Audit Process:
Provide support to CFO and Lead Accountant as needed with year-end audits. Assist auditors with journal entry examinations, balance sheet review and fixed asset analysis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting preferred from four-year College or university; or two to five years accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Yardi expertise is required and experience leading software conversion is highly desirable.
Compensation for this position is DOE. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume for immediate consideration by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209. Only local candidates will be considered.
You are welcome submit a letter of interest and resume for future consideration by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209.