Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through our commitment to hiring well-qualified candidates and maintaining a safe working environment Kavod conducts preemployment screening on all prospective employees.
Kavod team members provide quality care, services and support to our residents and the broader community. In turn, it is Kavod’s philosophy to provide a rich compensation and benefits package with flexibility, affordability and ease of use in mind.
Kavod Senior Life was recognized with a 2019 Top Workplaces Award by The Denver Post. This annual contest measures employee satisfaction and results in a list of 100 of the state’s top workplaces for the calendar year. Read more.
- 100% employer paid medical premium
- Shared dental and vision premium
- Up to 240 hours of vacation plus separate accrued hours for sick leave, personal time and floating holidays to support team diversity
- 403(b) match plus nonelective deferral
- Paid volunteer hours
- Free weekly yoga class on-site
- Free on-site meal per shift worked
- Interest-free employee loans
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Staff parties, contests and opportunities to engage with our residents in creative ways, including the occasional Wii Bowling Tournament!
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT KAVOD SENIOR LIFE
Kavod is always seeking qualified, passionate team members for Dining Services positions, including cooks and servers. Please email Human Resources for current openings.
Director of Assisted Living (Full-time)
We are currently seeking a FT Director of Assisted Living to join our team!
This is a rare opportunity to lead an exceptional team of support staff in providing quality care and services within Kavod’s Assisted Living (AL) program. Our unique program is 27-units and provides residents with full size apartments, assistance with activities of daily living, three meals each day, housekeeping services, medication management, a robust offering of life enrichment programming and more. Kavod does not provide memory care or incontinence care. The successful candidate is committed to enriching the lives of older adults and is well versed in the guidelines that govern licensed facilities including strong working knowledge of CDPHE Chapter 7 and PHO 20-20.
SUMMARY: The Director of Assisted Living provides both supervisory and administrative direction, as well as oversight of the operations in the Assisted Living. The primary objective of the director is to ensure satisfaction of all regulatory, staff and resident requirements. Serves as a member of the leadership team and on various organizational committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and adapts AL policies and procedures to assure compliance with HUD, Board, Personnel, HCPF, CDPHE and NFPA regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Assisted Living staff members. Ensure that appropriate staffing ratios are maintained.
- Oversee activities carried out by the Wellness Coordinator to include; ensuring compliance with CDPHE regulations, ordering medications, communicating with external providers and family members, providing in-services for staff and residents, and completing proper documentation.
- Provides back up to Wellness Coordinator and Care Coordinator in their absence.
- Works with Care Coordinator(s) to conduct resident assessments and care plan meetings to address concerns, identify course of action and determine eligibility of prospective AL residents.
- Work with other departments (Dining Services, Life Enrichment, Leasing, Facilities) to coordinate services for the Assisted Living residents and apartments.
- Supervises staff to assist residents with activities of daily living and encourage independence. Provides coordination and daily oversight of all Assisted Living parameters to assure that services contracted to residents are being carried out. Provides hands-on and on-call support as needed.
- Assists Life Enrichment with the development and implementation of a varied activity schedule for AL residents. Incorporates one-on-one and group activities into the individual resident care plans at orientation and ongoing as functional needs change.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional public image with the residents, residents’ family members, staff and community members to promote the standards set for the in order to deliver first-rate service.
- Markets and performs outreach of the AL to independent residents. Responds to community inquires.
- Responsible for resolve/follow up with staff, residents, outside vendors and resident family members regarding problem resolution.
- Ensures resident compliance of Kavod Senior Life’s lease and Assisted Living parameters.
- Responsible for issuing a 30-day Notice to Vacate (and/or other legal documentation as required by law) to Assisted Living residents who are no longer eligible for the Assisted Living.
- Assists residents and family members with finding appropriate housing when the resident no longer meets the requirements of the Assisted Living.
- Creates and completes documentation to include care plans, shift logs, census data, filing, and resident charting needs to ensure compliance with all Agency, CDPHE, and/or other regulatory agencies requirements. Point person for audits as they occur.
- Provides coverage for AL emergencies and backup coverage for resident emergencies in the rest of the complex.
- Works in conjunction with the outside care providers that work with the AL residents.
- Creation and compliance of departmental budgetary requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct supervision of the Assisted Living team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE: Must be at least 21 years of age. Bachelor’s degree in health, gerontology, social work, sociology, nonprofit administration or related field required. At least five years’ experience in a leadership role with demonstrated ability to cultivate strategic partnerships and manage cohesive teams; two of those years hands on experience within a licensed facility subject to CDPHE Chapter 7 and PHO 20-20.
- Completion of 40hr Administration Training
- Compliance with fingerprint based criminal background check
- Experience with PointClickCare and working in a nonprofit setting preferred
Please submit cover letter and resume for consideration.
Hiring Range: $56k-$75k annually DOE
ON HOLD: PART TIME DATE & EVALUATION SPECIALIST ( 30 hours/week)
This position will support internal departments in the collection and analysis of quality data, both quantitative and qualitative, disseminate findings to a variety of stakeholder groups, and assess and report on data identifying linkages to needed services and programming. This position will help Kavod to build and sustain organizational evaluation capacity, and assist with streamlining and prioritizing data collection efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities: include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Partner with organizational leadership to enhance program planning process using data analysis in alignment with strategic organizational goals.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with all levels of the organization.
- Support annual survey process, and other assigned projects, through gathering, entering, analyzing and reporting data finding.
- Create visually appealing reports and dashboards that intuitively present information for reporting to a variety of audiences.
- Provide training to staff to maintain awareness of data analytics and internal practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues in data collection and analysis, and make recommendation for solution.
- Monitor internal dashboards for improvements as needed.
- Organize and clean various types of data as appropriate.
- Coordinate with consultants as needed, and participate in continuing educational opportunities to refine and address technical issues, and to maintain best practices.
- Stay up to date with evolving technologies and relevant applications.
- Develop and maintain a current procedural manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, education and experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred in psychology, statistics, evaluation, sociology, social work, policy and administration, or related field.
- A minimum of two years working directly in research, evaluation and data with demonstrated experience working with logic models and outcome evaluation plans.
- Two to three years of experience working in the social sector.
- Strong communication skills are a must, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), spreadsheet development and database management.
- Experience working with older adults is a plus.
To apply: Email cover letter, CV/resume, writing sample, and 3 professional references.
Please use the subject line of “Part-time Data and Evaluation Specialist”.
Include a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to present data to different types of audiences. Please send an example in which you are first author.
If you are interested in working at Kavod, but there is not a current opening that fits your qualifications you are welcome submit a letter of interest and resume by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209.