Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through our commitment to hiring well-qualified candidates and maintaining a safe working environment Kavod conducts preemployment screening on all prospective employees.
Kavod team members provide quality care, services and support to our residents and the broader community. In turn, it is Kavod’s philosophy to provide a rich compensation and benefits package with flexibility, affordability and ease of use in mind.
Kavod Senior Life was recognized with a 2019 Top Workplaces Award by The Denver Post. This annual contest measures employee satisfaction and results in a list of 100 of the state’s top workplaces for the calendar year. Read more.
- 100% employer paid medical premium
- Shared dental and vision premium
- Up to 240 hours of vacation plus separate accrued hours for sick leave, personal time and floating holidays to support team diversity
- 403(b) match plus nonelective deferral
- Paid volunteer hours
- Free weekly yoga class on-site
- Free on-site meal per shift worked
- Interest-free employee loans
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Staff parties, contests and opportunities to engage with our residents in creative ways, including the occasional Wii Bowling Tournament!
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT KAVOD SENIOR LIFE
Kavod is always seeking qualified, passionate team members for Dining Services positions, including cooks and servers. Please email Human Resources for current openings.
AP/AR & General Ledger Accountant
SUMMARY: Responsible for general ledger and software maintenance. The administration of accounts payable and cash receipts functions of the accounting department. Provides support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Completes bank reconciliations on bank accounts.
- Records interest and bank charges into the accounting software.
- Verifies reconciled balance with the general ledger.
- Serves as on-site Yardi expert.
- With input from the CFO, accounting lead and consultants develops and maintains best practices for Yardi daily operations.
- Trains new and existing staff on Yardi functions and report writing.
General Accounting Duties:
- Maintain fixed asset ledger. Add new fixed assets to schedule, delete assets and calculate depreciation expense.
- Regular maintain detailed reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciles petty cash in the safe on a quarterly basis and reimburses as needed.
- Processes monthly credit card receipts and reconciles with the statement.
- Records deposits and checks in accounting software, monitors balances, and reconciles accounts on a monthly basis. Reconcile bank accounts for several different entities
- Post journal entries in Great Plains and QB, the company general ledger accounting software package
- Performs the daily processing of accounts payable invoices. Verifies invoice totals, accounts, project coding and purchase order information for accuracy. Enters invoices into the accounting software. Prints accounts payable checks weekly, obtains the necessary signatures, and mails checks.
- Prepares and submits a check run summary file to Wells Fargo for fraud monitoring. Verifies bank balances, initiates bank transfers to cover check run and posts transfers in accounting system.
- Resolves payables discrepancies and handles vendor inquiries. Completes credit applications.
Annual Audit Process:
Provide support to CFO as needed with year-end audits. Assist auditors with journal entry examinations, balance sheet review and fixed asset analysis.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting preferred from four-year College or university; or two to five years accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Yardi expertise is strongly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: $25/hr – $28/hr DOE
This position is eligible for a hybrid schedule (mix of in-office and remote work) once training is completed.
Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, employee assistance program, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts.
To apply: Email a letter of interest and resume. Please use the subject line of “AP/AR & General Ledger Accountant.”
Night Managers | Part-Time
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to live rent-free in Cherry Creek? We are currently seeking an attentive, responsible, service-minded couple/team of two to join our operations team!
The Night Manager role is a unique part-time opportunity that requires living on-site. Compensation includes a base hourly rate of $14.77/hr, RENT, parking, utilities, basic cable and free internet access. Some benefits including dental, vision, life insurance and retirement are available.
Summary: The Night Managers live on-site and are on-call to oversee the entire Kavod Senior Life complex, providing emergency coverage for the residents and the monitoring of the buildings during nights, weekends, and holidays when the offices are closed. They represent the agency to the community in their duties and are our ambassadors of good will.
On‑duty per the assigned part-time schedule between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. Monday through Thursday and from 5:30 p.m. Friday to 7:30 a.m. Monday, as well as other holiday days when the offices are closed. During this time, one pair of Night Managers oversee the complex. Coverage is alternated with the other pair of night managers, a one week on and one week off schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Monitor telephone calls, manage resident emergencies and respond to building alarms timely and in a fashion that is appropriate for the issue at hand. Requires independent judgement, attention to detail and regular, clear and concise documentation of incidents.
- Check the building and grounds at least two times each weekday evening and four times each day/evening of the weekend. Take action as needed – pick up trash, clean up spills and tidy common areas. Document concerns or problems.
- Occasional snow removal from main entrances/exits, public walkways and sidewalks for each building.
- Change out garbage dumpsters in all three buildings on Sundays and Holidays by 9:00 a.m.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training (apartment management, emergency response, work with seniors); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to make independent decisions, exercise good judgment and communicate effectively, both verbally and written. Also essential is the ability to use discretion, observe confidentiality, problem solve and represent the agency positively in all dealings. Must be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to and more than 50 pounds. Close vision is required to read important information such as labels and emergency cards, distance vision for recognition of residents and others, color vision in order to identify different color related emergency situations, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in order to read and write memos each day and do normal daily routine.
To apply: Email a letter of interest and resume. Please use the subject line of “Night Managers”.
Wellness Coordinator (LPN) | Full Time
This is a rare opportunity to join an exceptional team of care staff in providing quality support and services within Kavod’s Assisted Living (AL) program. Our unique program is 27-units and provides residents with full size apartments, assistance with activities of daily living, three meals each day, housekeeping services, medication management, a robust offering of life enrichment programming and more. The successful candidate is committed to enriching the lives of older adults and is well versed in the guidelines that govern licensed facilities including strong working knowledge of CDPHE Chapter 7 and PHO 20-20.
SUMMARY: The Assisted Living Wellness Coordinator will be responsible for managing the medication system for Kavod Assisted Living. The primary objectives of the Assisted Living Wellness Coordinator are to ensure compliance with all CDPHE regulations surrounding medications while enabling residents to maintain a dignified lifestyle in a non-medical home setting within the specified boundaries of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands/supports the Resident’s Rights as evidenced in all aspects of performance, concern and caring for residents. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Provides wellness checks when resident’s report medical concerns. Follows up with family and physician to report concerns and design and properly document a plan of action.
- Coordinates with Assisted Living Resident Care Coordinator regarding resident status to include follow up on hospitalizations, rehabilitation stays, and outside service requirements. (PT, OT, etc)
- Participates in resident assessments and care plan meetings.
- Oversee Assisted Living (AL) scheduling to ensure proper care levels are maintained to support AL residents. Assist the care partner team in finding coverage as needed. Along with the director, share in providing emergency coverage as needed.
- Responsible for communication with family, residents, pharmacy and physicians regarding medication/wellness related issues or concerns.
- Responsible for all aspects of the medication program at the facility, including filling of medication reminder boxes, maintaining current physician orders, maintenance of medication supply, completion and auditing of medication related forms, and ensuring compliance with all facility and state regulations.
- Reports any medical or physical changes to the Resident Care Coordinator/Director of Assisted Living to ensure documentation in the resident’s care plan.
- Ordering and keeping an organized storage of supplies that pertain to nursing as needed with approval from the AL Director
- Provides communication and direction to direct care staff (ADL and QMAP) regarding medication/wellness related topics. Provides training of direct care staff as it relates to the medication program with the support of the director.
- Provides coverage, intervention, documentation, and follow-up for resident emergencies.
- Attends management, staff and in-service meetings as required.
- Completes and maintains appropriate documentation per Kavod policy and CDPHE regulations.
- Carries out and completes any other duties as assigned.
- Available on-call for medication related issues within Kavod Assisted Living.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Licensed Practical Nurse with current licensure for the state of Colorado. Minimum two years previous experience with the elderly or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of PointClickCare is preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze agency memorandums, policies and procedures, medical orders, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from residents, families, department and managerial staff and the general public.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret, understand and implement agency policies and procedures.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Requires sound organization skills; ability to perform oversight and administrative tasks; ability to enable good contacts with residents, families, staff and community; needs good writing skills for the program administrative tasks such as policy writing, completing forms to meet city, state, federal requirements and corresponding with families and community people; ability to be efficient in completing the variety of tasks that are part of this job; ability to be caring and sensitive to the needs of older adults; ability to act as a leader for the Care Partners and ability to perform general computer functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: $24.50/hr – $28.00/hr per hour DOE
Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Employee discount, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance
To apply: Email a letter of interest and resume. Please use the subject line of “Wellness Coordinator”.
Dining Room Server | Part-Time
SCHEDULE (24 hours/week):
Monday-Friday 3:30 pm – 7:30 pm &
Sundays 11:30 am – 3:30 pm
Food service: 1 year (Preferred)
We are currently seeking 2 customer-focused Part-Time Servers to provide Kavod residents with a pleasant dining experience. Candidates must be comfortable working with older adults in a multi-cultural setting. Reliability is a must.
Summary: Assist with accurate food delivery to residents in a timely manner, assist with special events (such as birthdays or holidays), handle food and beverages in accordance with sanitary procedures and standards, ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory procedures regarding food service. Training is provided!
Kavod provides a free meal for every shift worked. Certain additional benefits may apply.
Only serious candidates need apply. By submitting your resume or application you are confirming that you understand the job requirements, schedule and available compensation.
To apply: Email a letter of interest and resume. Please use the subject line of “Part-time Server”.
ON HOLD: PART TIME DATA & EVALUATION SPECIALIST ( 30 hours/week)
This position will support internal departments in the collection and analysis of quality data, both quantitative and qualitative, disseminate findings to a variety of stakeholder groups, and assess and report on data identifying linkages to needed services and programming. This position will help Kavod to build and sustain organizational evaluation capacity, and assist with streamlining and prioritizing data collection efforts.
Essential duties and responsibilities: include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Partner with organizational leadership to enhance program planning process using data analysis in alignment with strategic organizational goals.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with all levels of the organization.
- Support annual survey process, and other assigned projects, through gathering, entering, analyzing and reporting data finding.
- Create visually appealing reports and dashboards that intuitively present information for reporting to a variety of audiences.
- Provide training to staff to maintain awareness of data analytics and internal practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues in data collection and analysis, and make recommendation for solution.
- Monitor internal dashboards for improvements as needed.
- Organize and clean various types of data as appropriate.
- Coordinate with consultants as needed, and participate in continuing educational opportunities to refine and address technical issues, and to maintain best practices.
- Stay up to date with evolving technologies and relevant applications.
- Develop and maintain a current procedural manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, education and experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred in psychology, statistics, evaluation, sociology, social work, policy and administration, or related field.
- A minimum of two years working directly in research, evaluation and data with demonstrated experience working with logic models and outcome evaluation plans.
- Two to three years of experience working in the social sector.
- Strong communication skills are a must, both written and verbal, to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using MS Office platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), spreadsheet development and database management.
- Experience working with older adults is a plus.
To apply: Email cover letter, CV/resume, writing sample, and 3 professional references.
Please use the subject line of “Part-time Data and Evaluation Specialist”.
Include a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to present data to different types of audiences. Please send an example in which you are first author.
If you are interested in working at Kavod, but there is not a current opening that fits your qualifications you are welcome submit a letter of interest and resume by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209.