Kavod is a rewarding place to work. It’s an organization where ability and compassion combine to create unmatched service. We truly value our employees and have built an organization that embraces diversity, supports team members and encourages growth. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Through our commitment to hiring well-qualified candidates and maintaining a safe working environment Kavod conducts preemployment screening on all prospective employees.
Kavod team members provide quality care, services and support to our residents and the broader community. In turn, it is Kavod’s philosophy to provide a rich compensation and benefits package with flexibility, affordability and ease of use in mind.
Kavod Senior Life was recognized with a 2019 Top Workplaces Award by The Denver Post. This annual contest measures employee satisfaction and results in a list of 100 of the state’s top workplaces for the calendar year. Read more.
- 100% employer paid medical premium
- Shared dental and vision premium
- Up to 240 hours of vacation plus separate accrued hours for sick leave, personal time and floating holidays to support team diversity
- 403(b) match plus nonelective deferral
- Paid volunteer hours
- Free yoga class on-site
- Free on-site meal per shift worked
- Interest-free employee loans
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Staff parties, contests and opportunities to engage with our residents in creative ways, including the occasional Wii Bowling Tournament!
Career Opportunities at Kavod Senior Life
Kavod is always seeking qualified, passionate team members for Dining Services positions, including cooks and servers. Please email Human Resources for current openings.
OPENING: RESIDENT CARE COORDINATOR/SOCIAL WORKER (FULL TIME)
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate full time Resident Care Coordinator/Social Worker to join our team! This individual will be working directly with Kavod’s Russian-speaking population, so the ability to speak, read, and write in both English and Russian is required.
SUMMARY: Provides case management services to enhance residents’ ability to manage Senior Living and/or Assisted Living.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides assessment, consultation, information and referral services to Senior Living residents and families to better enhance residents’ ability to manage Senior Living and/or Assisted Living.
- Provides short‑term counseling and supportive intervention for psychosocial needs, grief and loss issues, and adjustment problems.
- Educates, schedules and meets with residents to complete annual Health & Wellness Discussion assessments.
- Provides coverage, intervention, documentation and follow-up for resident emergencies.
- Assists resident and families with finding appropriate housing when the resident no longer meets the requirements of the program in which they reside.
- Provides assessment, consultation, and follow‑up services for management, staff, and other involved parties when resident psychosocial issues are involved in housing management problems.
- Monitors hospitalizations, temporary placement and returns through resident notification, memos and incident reports.
- Oversees the supervision and coordinator for the Senior Companion Program and volunteer Russian translators
- Conducts periodic special events for residents such as Victory Day Celebration.
- Maintain proper documentation and track needed data.
- Leads direct service group(s), as needed.
- Provides written translations of resident communications as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE: The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field and have a minimum of two years’ experience working with older adults. Bilingual in English and Russian – must be able to speak, read and write in both languages.
For immediate consideration please submit cover letter and resume. Only local candidates will be considered.
OPENING: RECEPTIONIST/OFFICE ASSISTANT (FULL TIME)
We are currently seeking a customer-focused, detail-oriented FT Receptionist/Office Assistant to join our team!
Schedule: Requires flexibility to cover front desk duties during illnesses and/or vacations. Primary schedule is 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday-Friday.
RECEPTIONIST: The Receptionist serves as an ambassador of Kavod Senior Life. Reporting to the Leasing & Administration Manager, the Receptionist greets and provides appropriate assistance to the residents, general public and staff through both telephone and personal contact.
OFFICE ASSISTANT: Up to 50% of time may be spent performing administrative tasks to support leasing and administrative functions. This includes organizing files, making copies, filing, performing data entry, making phone calls, documenting phone conversations and other administrative assignments, as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work independently and handle multiple-line phone system. Must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to effectively communicate in person and over the phone with residents, family members, and internal staff. Must be detail-oriented and flexible to manage changing priorities. Solid math aptitude, typing, 10-key, strong decision-making skills, and experience managing multiple tasks in a busy office environment strongly preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skill level in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to feel/handle, talk, hear and reach. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch and lift up to 15 pounds; with an occasional lift/move up to 25 pounds.
For immediate consideration please submit cover letter and resume.
You are welcome submit cover letter and resume for future consideration by email or to Human Resources, Kavod Senior Life, 22 S. Adams St., Denver, CO 80209.